Job Position: Maintenance Person Certified – Millwright, Welder – Labour Pool
Company: Nova Scotia Power
Expected salary: $44.76 per hour
Location: Nova Scotia
Maintenance Person Certified – Millwright, Welder – Labour Pool Job Details:
Job Title: Maintenance Person Certified – Millwright, Welder – Labour Pool
Company, Department: Nova Scotia Power, Power Production – On site
Location: Various Locations, Nova Scotia, CA
Salary: $44.76 per hour, as per the NSPI/IBEW Collective Agreement
Type of Employment: Labour Pool
Closing Date: February 9, 2024
Reference Number: 2024 – 2450
We are currently looking for a Maintenance Person Certified – Millwright, Welder – Labour Pool to join our Power Production team in a flexible term labour pool position. Reporting to the Mechanical Trades Supervisor, you will perform all aspects of routine mechanical maintenance and repair work on equipment throughout the thermal generating station.
Key elements of this role include:
As a Maintenance Person Certified – Labour Pool:
- You must be able to work effectively as a member of the Maintenance Team and be capable of functioning in a planned work environment.
- You may be temporarily assigned to other locations to assist other areas when required and will be expected to travel throughout the province.
- You will be required to participate in regulatory training and be willing to participate in on-the-job training or training programs that support the development of additional skills.
- You will be responsible for your personal safety and that of your co-workers by observing all Occupational Health and Safety Rules and Regulations. You will be accountable for environmental performance as it relates to the environmental management system processes and initiatives.
This position is considered a safety sensitive position. As such, the successful candidate must comply with the Emera Alcohol and Drug Policy which requires a confidential pre-employment alcohol and drug test in accordance with the Emera Alcohol and Drug Procedure.
These skills will make you successful:
You recognize yourself in most of the following competencies, and where possible possess the skills and experience listed below:
- Certification as a Red Seal Welderincluding GTAW/SMAW processes & TIG/MIG certification) with a minimum of three (3) years work experience in modern mechanical maintenance in a generating station, process industry or equivalent industry is required.
- You have proven problem resolution skills and the flexibility and ability to adapt to rescheduled assignments.
- You must be a strong team player with excellent interpersonal skills, a strong computer aptitude and the ability to deal with multiple tasks and demands.
- You must have the skills and physical capabilities to perform all duties, including working at considerable heights.
- Additional journeyperson certifications such as machinist, Millwright pipefitter will also be considered as an asset.
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Must be able to lift 15 lbs. from the floor to an overhead height on a frequent basis and 30-50 lbs. occasionally
- Occasionally carry items with one or two hands that weigh between 28-74 lbs., with the ability to push and pull up to 50 lbs. with upper and whole body strength
- Possess the grip strength to occasionally complete tasks that require simple and firm grasp with turning motions
- Perform static reaching occasionally from waist level to overhead
- Perform squatting, crouching, kneeling, crawling, side neck flexion, on a minimal basis with a range of finger dexterity to complete tasks that include pinching and fine manipulation
- Perform bending, stooping, forward flexion, neck extension and rotation, and climbing stairs, ladders, and staging on an occasional basis
- Possess the ability to walk and stand both static and dynamic on a frequent basis in order to perform tasks during the duration of the shift
- Possess proficient vision abilities to see far, near, colour, and depth
Industrial Mechanic and Millwright
- Must be able to lift 40-50 lbs. from floor to overhead and all distances in between, carry one and two handed 40 lbs.
- Perform whole and upper body push and pull with weights up to 100 lbs. Perform static reaching between waist and overhead on an occasional basis
- Perform bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting standing, walking and climbing (stairs, ladders) on an occasional basis
- Crawl on a minimal basis
- Perform static neck flexion and rotation on frequent basis
Learn more about our culture and values
At the Emera Group of Companies, you’ll be part of an inclusive, respectful workplace where everyone is welcomed and supported. Come build a career as unique as you are: making an impact from Atlantic Canada to the world. Your experience and perspective will help us to safely deliver cleaner, more reliable energy to our customers. If working in an innovative environment, challenging yourself, and shaping a cleaner energy future inspires you, we want to hear from you. Apply by and let us know why this role is right for you.
The perks of joining our team? We offer:
- Pension Participation: As a member of our Labor Pool you would be eligible for 3% RRSP matching.
- Travel Allowance: When dispatched more than 100 km from primary residence.
- Vacation Benefits: In keeping with the Nova Scotia Employment Standards Act.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at Emera
As one of Atlantic Canada’s largest publicly traded companies, we are ranked one of , and . We know our success is driven by our dedicated teams and we strongly encourage applications from all qualified candidates, including persons who identify as racially visible, Indigenous, persons with disabilities, women in underrepresented roles and members of the 2SLGBTQ+ community.
Applicants from these equity groups may self-identify through the online application process. We support candidates and employees with access and accommodation needs and encourage you to let us know when you require accommodation.
Recruitment & Promotion Policy
The success of the Emera Company is driven by its people: a strong team with a shared commitment to support the . The purpose of our recruitment policy is to provide a consistent framework to support fair and equitable attraction, hiring, and retention of the best talent for vacant positions. We are dedicated to maintaining a fair hiring process that provides equitable opportunities to all our applicants and is guided by our company values.
How to Apply?
If you believe you’re a great fit for the role of Maintenance Person Certified – Millwright, Welder – Labour Pool Apply Now!
Also, Check out More Maintenance Person Certified – Millwright, Welder – Labour Pool Vacancies in Canada.