Job Position: Journeyperson Welder – Shop, Wabush, NL
Location: Wabush, NL
Journeyperson Welder – Shop, Wabush, NL Job Details:
Komatsu is an indispensable partner to the construction, mining, industrial, and forestry industries that maximizes value for customers through innovative solutions. With a diverse line of products supported by our advanced IoT technologies, regional distribution channels, and a global service network, we tap into the power of data and technology to enhance safety and productivity while optimizing performance. Our Komatsu, P&H, Joy, Montabert, Modular Mining Systems, Hensley Industries, NTC, and Gigaphoton equipment and services are used to extract fundamental minerals and develop modern infrastructure.
Focusing exclusively on the underground hard rock, underground soft rock, and surface mining sectors, Komatsu Mining designs, manufactures, distributes, and services extensive product lines of highly reliable P&H surface mining equipment and JOY underground mining machinery used to cut, crush, load, and convey coal and industrial minerals worldwide. Komatsu Mining’s products and related services are used extensively for mining coal, copper, iron, gold, and other mineral resources, and the company employs people worldwide.
Komatsu Mining Corp. offers rewarding experiences and unique growth opportunities in addition to the following:
- Competitive wages
- Annual Bonus
- Comprehensive benefits package (health & dental, vision coverage, healthcare spending account, and life insurance)
- Personal wellness allowance
- Company-sponsored registered pension plan (RPP) and matching program.
- Paid uniform and personal protective equipment
- Paid vacation time
- Paid sick time
- Company-supplied tools
- Trades apprenticeship and training opportunities
- Training and education support
- Employee social engagement activities and benefits
- Industry-leading site safety statistics
- Sustainable employment
- Ability to be a part of an exciting and innovative company developing new state-of-the-art technology and equipment
Please visit our website for more information.
We are currently looking to add a Journeyperson Welder to our Labrador City Shop.
Reports to: Shop Manager
Shift: 7×7 (No FIFO option, local candidates only)
Location: Labrador City, NL
Relocation: This position does not offer relocation.
- Welding mining equipment, in a shop or at a mine site, including mechanical, electrical and hydraulic systems
- Maintenance, repair, service, and inspection of the mining equipment
- Proficiency in all position use of: GMAW, FCAW, SMAW; all sizes of weld wire
- Reading and interpretation of blueprints
- Proficient in the use of oxy/fuel cutting equipment, electric welding machines
- Maintain a clean, orderly and safe work environment at all times
- Ensuring the safety of both you and co-workers
- Other duties, as needed
- Bilingual considered an asset
- Education: Certified journeyperson qualified to work in the Province of Newfoundland
- Experience: 3 to 7 years welding experience
- Repair of mine equipment including trucks and shovels; structural welding
- Ability to build up bores requiring repair
- All position CWB certification an asset
- Heat treatment experience and history of welding with 3/32 wire is an asset
- Completion of Safety courses
- Experience working on Joy Global product lines is an asset; mechanical experience is an asset
- Valid Driver’s License
- Must be a certified journeyperson and Red Seal (or equivalent in Quebec)
- The successful candidate will demonstrate a can-do attitude, team player, commitment to safety, continuous quality/process improvement and successful project delivery
Komatsu (Joy Global – Canada) is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce strongly contributes to our business growth and product innovation.
As we search for collective healing and true reconciliation, we are striving to build respectful partnerships with the Indigenous Peoples of Canada and would like to honour all the traditional territories that make up the land in which we gather, work and play. Komatsu is an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national or ethnic origin, marital status, family status, disability, genetic characteristics, or a conviction for which a pardon has been granted. Accommodations during the recruitment process are available upon request.
While we appreciate all applicant submissions, only those considered to be most qualified will be contacted for further assessment.
Note to Recruiters: Komatsu and its subsidiaries do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to Komatsu, directly or indirectly, will be considered Komatsu property. Komatsu will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. A recruiting agency must first have a valid, written, and fully executed agency agreement contract for service to submit resumes.