Job title: Industrial Hygienist & Health Physics Manager
Industrial Hygienist & Health Physics Manager Job Details:
Purpose of the Position
· To perform as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) to provide direction and management of the industrial hygiene and health physics programs for both SSC and MAF; and, to provide Health Physics / Environmental Health Program management and oversight
Company Conformance Statement
In the performance of their respective tasks and duties all employees are expected to conform to the following:
· Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision.
· Interact professionally with other employees, customers, and suppliers.
· Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations.
Employees are required to:
· Comply with all applicable safety- and health-related rules, regulations, and procedures;
· Work safely themselves and help their teammates work safely;
· Assist supervisors and managers in identifying and mitigating potentially hazardous conditions; and
· Help the organization maintain a safe and healthy workplace.
Principal Duties/Responsibilities of the Position
· Act as the IH/HP representative for NASA and S3, to managing licenses and certificates with respect to NRC and state requirements.
· Evaluate collected data and make recommendations as SME for path forward/corrective actions for all industrial hygiene and health physics issues.
- Provide IH related training to Workers.
- Provide IH/ HP related training to staff.
- Perform other duties as assigned by SHEMA Department Manager.
· Support audits as required by NASA and S3.
· Review and evaluate work documents, construction design documents and company/NASA procedures.
· Review department processes and procedures to ensure compliance with regulatory guidance.
Education and Experience Requirements
- As a minimum have a BS in Industrial Hygiene, Environmental, Engineering, Science or associated discipline plus 5 years of progressive and relevant experience.
· Minimum of 6 years of Industrial Hygiene experience
· Minimum of 2 years of Health Physics experience
· Master’s degree in Public Health (MPH or MSPH)
· Certified Health Physicist (CHP)
· Certified LASER Safety Officer (CLSO)
· National Registry of Radiation Protection Technicians (NRRPT)
Special Knowledge and Skills Required
· Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH)
· Must have knowledge of OSHA, ACGIH and other Occupational Health related standards and regulations.
· Must be proficient in Microsoft Office suite software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
· Must have good communication skills, both oral and written and be prepared to provide technical presentations to management and workers.
· Must be self-starter with good time management skills and the ability to establish priorities in support of multiple projects.
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Strong comprehension skills for understanding needs and developing and applying solutions
· Must be able to lift, carry and handle up to 50 lbs.
· Must be able to climb/descend ladders, scaffolding and stairs without harm to self.
· Must be able to wear PPE up to six hours continuously (steel toe shoes, safety glasses, hard hat, gloves, etc.).
· Must be able to work in various outdoor environments (hot and cold).
· Must be able to stand and or walk for extended periods of time.
· Dexterity to operate office and field equipment as required by the position.
· Must be a U.S. Citizen in order to obtain required NASA badge.
· Must be able to provide a certified Birth Certificate (with state seal), Passport, or INS Citizenship documents on date of hire (Candidate will be sent home if this paperwork is not provided upon arrival on date of hire).
· Must have the ability to communicate the English language, both verbally and written, in an effective manner.
· Must have, and maintain, a valid driver’s license.
· Must be able to pass a Pre-Employment background check and drug screen test.
· Clean, neat, and professional personal appearance.
IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THE COLLECTIVE BARGAINING AGREEMENT, THE COMPANY RESERVES THE RIGHT TO REVISE, CHANGE OR AMEND JOB DESCRIPTIONS FROM TIME-TO-TIME TO CORRESPOND TO DUTIES AND QUALIFICATIONS OF THE POSITION.
Apply for the job now!