Job Position: Housekeeping Attendant
Company: Strahan Village
Location: Strahan, TAS
Housekeeping Attendant Job Details:
With properties in some of Australia’s most iconic locations, NRMA Parks & Resorts provides accommodation that suits every budget and style – from campsites to luxury resorts. From Tropical North Queensland to the remote Tasmanian wilderness, we connect holidaymakers with incredible natural destinations that offer more than a change of scenery.
Owned by the NRMA Group, we have a large team across our holiday parks, resorts and support office who love what they do, all working together to make holiday magic. Because creating unforgettable holidays is not just our job – it’s in our nature.
Strahan is a small town and working port that serves as the gateway to the stunning UNESCO Tasmanian Wilderness World Heritage Area. Located approximately 4.5 hours from Hobart or Launceston, Strahan Village is located in the heart of Strahan and offers an abundance of character and unique stories of the area’s pioneering history. With 132 guest rooms, 4 food and beverage outlets and the award winning Gordon River Cruises experience, this unique destination offers every opportunity to fall in love with the charm and beauty of Tasmania’s west coast.
- With your experience, create an impact on our guests in this hands-on and detail orientated role
- Making holiday memories, to ensure our guests have all the creature comforts and feel at home
- Staff accommodation and meals package available
What you’ll do:
You will provide housekeeping and cleaning duties for all accommodation types and public areas to ensure the presentation of the property is of a consistent standard. A level of fitness is required to meet the physical demands of this role, as are a resilient and can-do attitude. On a daily basis you will:
- Ensure accommodation and venue areas are cleaned and serviced to NRMA Housekeeping Standards
- Linen changes, cleaning of rooms, replenish stock and recording of items in rooms
- Working with a great team, but can also work autonomously
What you’ll bring:
- Be able to commit to working in this role for a minimum of 5 months, please confirm this in your application cover letter
- A minimum of 1+ years housekeeping or cleaning experience
- A reputation for providing excellent customer service, engaging in great conversations with our guests
- Good time management and an eye for detail
- An ability to follow direction related to daily tasks and expectations
- Flexible attitude to work hours over a 7 day roster, including weekends and public holidays
- A vibrant attitude with the ability to work effectively as part of a busy team
What’s in it for you?
At NRMA Parks & Resorts our benefits include more than just great discounts. Here’s a taste of what you can expect:
- Travel discounts on SIXT car rental, cruises, and accommodation at our award-winning NRMA Holiday Parks and Resorts.
- Complimentary myNRMA membership including free Roadside Assistance & discounts on groceries, movie tickets, gift cards, gym memberships, attractions, restaurants and much more
- Our reward and recognition program ‘My Thanks’
- Employee referral program where you may be eligible for a referral bonus of up to $2,000
- Grow, progress or relocate with us and move around the country to one of our many other holiday parks or resorts.
Know you belong:
At NRMA Parks and Resorts we celebrate and welcome difference and work together to create an inclusive workplace where our people feel respected, heard, valued and connected no matter what background or experience. We welcome people from all walks of life and embrace unique perspectives.
Are you nodding your head as you read this? Ready to roll up your sleeves and really make a difference? Apply now! We cannot wait to hear from you!
As part of our recruitment process, all employees at NRMA Parks and Resorts are subject to mandatory pre-employment checks.