Job Position: Heavy Diesel Fitter
Location: Iron Bridge, ON – Pilbara, WA
Heavy Diesel Fitter Job Details:
Work with a team of the best
With a global business, we offer diverse and rewarding careers. We are committed to Thiess being a company and a culture where great people can excel and where they are developed and supported to reach their highest potential. Join our team today.
About the role
As our next Heavy Diesel Fitter to proudly represent our Maintenance Team, you will live for challenges and thrive on the variety of work available. Like all of us at Thiess, you’re a passionate and energetic person, that appreciates responsibility, recognition and reward.
In this role, you will:
- Perform the servicing, repair and maintenance of mobile fleet and other equipment in accordance with Thiess servicing, lubrication and maintenance systems documentation
- Completing general maintenance, breakdowns, services and component change outs to a high standard
- Source technical information from the relevant available reference manuals, technical bulletins, OEM and computer bases systems
- Setting and maintaining high housekeeping standards
- Carrying out pre-start checks
- Trade qualification as Heavy Duty Diesel Fitter or equivalent
- Minimum of 2 years post trade experience in the mining or Heavy Earth Moving induction
- Experience in general maintenance, breakdowns, component change outs and servicing of CAT and Hitachi mobile equipment
- Experience in vehicle air conditioning systems (desirable )
- HR drivers licence (desirable)
- Proven compliance and commitment to health and safety at all times
What Thiess can do for you
- Permanent full-time positions
- Full camp facilities provided
- Thiess’ commitment to training & development
- Salary sacrifice options – Flights & novated leasing
- Range of corporate discounts including health insurance (Medibank), travel & retail products.
- Referral bonus program – earn $5k for a successful referral
At Thiess, we partner with our clients to deliver excellence in open cut and underground mining in Australia, Asia and the Americas. For more than 85 years, we have operated in diverse commodities, geologies, environments and cultures. Our team uses global insight to optimise solutions and create value for each project, positioning them for optimal efficiency, productivity and cost performance, backed by how we meet our commitments. Thiess is committed to being at the forefront of sustainable mining, leveraging the power of our people and technology to support clients in their journey to more sustainable enterprises.
We recognise the value of an inclusive and diverse workplace through our vision of everyone matters always. We’re focused on creating an inclusive environment to allow our people to bring their best self to work because they feel safe, included and empowered.
Visit our website to learn more –
Should you require assistance applying for this opportunity, please contact us @
How to apply
This role is an opportunity to take the next step in your career. With our culture of recognition, development, and a stimulating and satisfying work environment, there is no better time to join Thiess.
To apply for this role, please click the ‘Apply’ button or the link below.