Job title: Graphic Design/Web to Print
Company: Sir Speedy, Tampa, FL
Location: Tampa, FL
Graphic Design/Web to Print Job Details:
- Initial and ongoing training
- Competitive compensation
- Paid holidays and vacation
- Indoor and comfortable working environment
A locally owned and nationally recognized Printing, Signage, and Marketing Services company in the is looking for an experienced Graphic Designer.
We have a fast-paced, creative, and flexible work environment that empowers our employees to contribute and work independently with a solid team of experienced professionals.
We work with a dynamic and interesting client base. With the tools and technologies provided, we focus on putting our energy towards creating a remarkably unparalleled experience for each and every customer.
This is where our Production Team comes in!
You will be working on print output activities associated with the Print business. You will have the opportunity to lend your keen eye to improve quality. We have a strong online presence with custom storefront portals for clients that will require an eye for quality, consistent look, feel and functionality.
Our Prepress Graphics person works closely with customers and our sales team, providing support with the goal of increasing sales and customer satisfaction.
- Perform production requirements in a timely and efficient manner.
- Offer graphic design ideas, solutions, and alternatives based on customer input.
- Schedule all work to meet customer time frame requirements. Monitor deadlines and report conflicts to management to establish priorities BEFORE the jobs are due.
- Operate and maintain prepress computer, printer, and other equipment (PC and Mac).
- Become proficient in the current technology for creating graphics, documents, and digital files utilizing existing equipment and materials.
- Follow-up with customers on all proofs.
- Monitor system for digital files sent by customers via Web to Print Platform.
- Preflight digital files for potential problems.
- Perform regular computer backup and archive customer files for safekeeping and for easy retrieval. Purge obsolete files.
- Output digital files per job specifications.
Skills we are looking for:
- Two years’ education in graphic design, 1-year practical experience with 1 year of print production experience.
- 1 year Experience with Web to Print Platform
- Working understanding of the dual platform, applications, such as PageMaker, Quark, Microsoft Word, Acrobat, Microsoft Publisher, Illustrator, PowerPoint, CorelDraw, PhotoShop and Canva.
- Knowledge of PDF and postscript files and PDF plug-ins.
Skills desired, but not required:
- Provide necessary digital training to sales staff when appropriate.
- Coordinate with copy and press operators to ensure that work meets their expectations/ requirements.
- Reject poor quality or incorrect jobs and notify management.
- Monitor graphics supplies and order as needed.
- Experience with PrintSmith or PressWise