Job Position: Gasfitter/Plumber
Gasfitter/Plumber Job Details:
Job Category: Trades
Location: Key Lake
Work Contract: Reg Full-Time (K1)
At Cameco we understand the value of a diverse workforce and we embrace, encourage and support workplace inclusion and diversity. New ideas, perspectives, experiences, and expertise make Cameco stronger. We are committed to building a diverse workforce reflective of the communities we operate in. Our vision is to create a culture where inclusion is the goal, and a diverse and representative workforce is our measure of success. Cameco is committed to providing an inclusive selection process, free from systemic barriers. We support employment equity and encourage all members of underrepresented groups (i.e., women, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities and members of racialized groups/visible minorities) to voluntarily disclose. Cameco welcomes applicants from all backgrounds, abilities, and experiences to apply.
Position and Responsibilities
- Install, maintain and repair all gas fired equipment and piping systems
- Maintenance of all plumbing related equipment
- Repair and troubleshoot of heat, ventilation, air conditioning (HVAC)
- Installation and repair of ABS, Copper, HDPE, PVC, and Steel piping systems
- Ability to work from blueprints and P&ID’s
- Knowledge of regulatory and code requirements
- Some underground maintenance work required
Education and Qualifications
Requirements of the position:
- Valid Saskatchewan or interprovincial Journeyperson Plumber certification
- Valid Saskatchewan General Gasfitter’s licence
- General Gasfitter’s licence is required to support the site Employer’s Gas Licence
- Minimum combined five years’ experience in the areas of mine air heating, propane distribution operation & maintenance and systems, residential & commercial heating ventilation & air conditioning systems and fire system maintenance
- Work a rotational schedule and commute to site by aircraft
- Experience with CMMS such as SAP
- Pipefitter certification
- Emergency First Aid certification
Safety Sensitive Site
Preference will be given to Residents of Saskatchewan’s North.
Rate per hour: $54.87
Posted: January 25, 2024
Posting end date: February 15, 2024
The Key Lake operation is located in northern Saskatchewan and operates on a two week on/two week off rotational schedule. Employees commute to the site by aircraft from designated locations in Saskatchewan.
The physical and psychological safety of our employee’s is a top priority at Cameco. We invite candidates to voluntarily disclose accommodation requirements, if contacted in relation to a job opportunity. Information received will be addressed confidentially and Cameco’s Workplace Inclusion and Accommodation Program document is available upon request. Successful candidates for all positions that will involve work at Safety Sensitive Sites or in Safety Sensitive Positions must take and pass a Substance Test, which includes marijuana, as a condition of employment. Marijuana remains in a user’s system for about 30 days, so applicants who recently used marijuana recreationally should not expect to pass a substance test.
Vacancies identified within a unionized work location will be governed by the respective collective bargaining agreement. In cases where a job opportunity exists, senior qualified employees shall be entitled to preference.