Job title: Financial Analyst, Finance & Accounting Rotational (FAR) Program
Location: Kalamazoo, MI
Financial Analyst, Finance & Accounting Rotational (FAR) Program Job Details:
Work Flexibility: Onsite
Who we want
Self-starters. Individuals who seek out challenging projects and work to find the right solutions.
Teammates. Partners who listen to ideas, share thoughts and work together to move the business forward.
Charismatic networkers. Relationship-savvy people who intentionally build connections with both internal partners and external contacts.
Strategic thinkers. Analysts who propose innovative ideas and consistently exceed their performance objectives.
Customer-oriented achievers. Individuals with an unparalleled work ethic and customer-focused attitude who bring value to their partnerships.
Game changers. Persistent people who will stop at nothing to live out Stryker’s mission to make healthcare better.
Adventurers. Individuals who embrace change, look for new opportunities and open to relocation.
Why choose to go FAR?
Stryker, a global leader in medical technology, takes great pride in their people, and that’s why we are looking to expand our talent with our Finance and Accounting Rotational Program (FAR). We are looking for the best and brightest graduates at the start of their career to strengthen our team and drive our business forward. Stryker FAR analysts will have the opportunity to
- Apply finance and accounting principles in a fast-paced and growing industry through three one-year rotations, including a geographic relocation (relocation financial assistance provided)
- Obtain structured development through job shadows, product showcases, formal training, mentoring, and personal coaching
- Develop meaningful relationships with senior leadership
- Gain global exposure and finance visibility with business partners from around the world
- Build technical, leadership and systems capabilities at an accelerated pace
- Be a part of an innovative team and culture
- Work on challenging and meaningful assignments that span multiple areas of Stryker, directly impacting the bottom line
- Core rotations offered in Michigan, New Jersey, and Texas, developing new skills and competencies while exploring multiple finance career paths
- Obtain coaching and guidance from leadership advisors, managers and mentors to grow professionally and maintain continued support throughout the program
- A bright future – commit to a leadership path early in your career, accessing accelerated learning opportunities and diverse experiences to become a great future finance leader
FAR Analysts will have the chance to build a strong career path by gaining diverse experience in three or more of the following areas:
- Financial Planning and Analysis
- Internal Audit
- Financial Reporting
- Technical Accounting
- Cost Accounting
- Financial Systems
Pursing a bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or a business-related field, completion date achieved between December 2023 and June 2024
Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 on 4.0 grade point average scale
- Must be eligible to work on a permanent basis in the United States during and after your rotations
A commitment to temporarily relocate within the United States for a rotational assignment (relocation financial assistance is provided)
Willingness to pursue a certified professional designation (CPA or CMA)
No prior related business full-time experience, excluding internships
Concentration in Accounting, Finance, Business analytics or Economics
Progress towards Master’s degree with an emphasis in Finance or Accounting or other business-related field encouraged, but not required as a prerequisite for our entry level leadership program
Academic excellence in Financial Acumen – demonstrate a strong understanding of financial concepts
History of leadership experience – participation in on-campus or off-campus leadership activities including volunteerism, service in an executive board of a student organization, etc.
Internship experience – either at Stryker or another company in a finance or accounting capacity
Process improvement – able to develop and document work processes. Able to drive harmonization of processes and pursue continuous improvement
Systems expertise – demonstrated proficiency in applications such as Excel, PowerBI, SAP certification, etc.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills and ability to manage priorities and workflow
Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work under constantly changing priorities
Ability to exercise independent judgment, adapt to new professional collaborative environments, perform within ambiguity and achieve results
Proficiency in basic computer programs: Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint
Proven leadership and business acumen skills
Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines
Strong interpersonal skills
Travel Percentage: Up to 25%
Stryker Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Stryker is an EO employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability.
Stryker Corporation will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Apply for the job now!