Job Position: Field Engineer — Recent Graduates
Company: Harder Mechanical Contractors
Location: North Scottsdale, TAS – Scottsdale, AZ
Field Engineer — Recent Graduates Job Details:
Harder Mechanical is one of the nation’s largest mechanical contractors with an outstanding reputation for working safely, meeting tough schedules, and delivering quality projects. Based in Portland Oregon, we work primarily in the 11-western states with regional offices in Reno, NV; Phoenix, AZ; Los Angeles, CA; Richmond, CA; Salt Lake City, UT.
As a Field Engineer, you will be working in one of these market sectors: Commercial Buildings (healthcare, higher education, mission critical, and retail), Advanced Technology (semiconductor manufacturing, renewable energy), or Industrial (pulp and paper manufacturing).
Interested in finding out what our Field Engineers do day to day? Check out our video !
Successful projects do not complete themselves. Our team of curious and passionate people build on Harder’s reputation every day through their actions. We offer professional development opportunities, industry-leading benefits, and the chance to work on projects that will change the built environment forever. Find out more at www.harder.com.
What you’ll be doing:
You will be responsible for planning, scheduling, and executing a specific scope of the project you are assigned to at Harder. You will coordinate with field labor to ensure the work is completed safely, on schedule, and up to Harder Mechanical’s quality standards. This is an entry level role that serves as the entry point for a project management career at Harder.
Field Engineers at Harder perform the following daily tasks:
- Learn, follow, and promote Harder’s safety policies and protocols
- Review construction drawings and compile project scope and quantities
- Resolve engineering issues and constraints through communication with design engineers, owner representatives, and fellow team members
- Monitor field construction and ensure compliance with construction plans and specifications
- Engage in work sequence planning
- Prepare and monitor work packages, including labor and cost estimates
- Track construction progress and update status weekly
- Organize project records in an effective document control system
- Estimate future work
- Perform additional tasks or projects as assigned
What you will need to be successful in this role:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office & Bluebeam – intermediate skills in Excel
- Ability to communicate with a broad spectrum of people including suppliers, field crews, designers, and owners
- Self-starter, motivated and takes initiative
- Organized and productive
- Strong time management skills and ability to prioritize tasks on an ongoing basis
- Relentless commitment to teamwork and client satisfaction
- Interest in LEAN construction principles
- Ability to travel to other regions to gain exposure to additional markets and industries
- Must have valid driver license
- Mechanical aptitude
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management, Business Management, Mechanical, Industrial, Civil Engineering and/or equivalent experience or education
- Previous internship experience, preferably with a focus on construction or engineering
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits – 100% of employee premiums are paid by the company
- Generous retirement package includes: 10% retirement contribution made by the company and a company match up to 2% of your annual salary
- Profit sharing
- Discretionary annual bonus
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Harder University training and development, as well as other paid professional development opportunities
- Team environment that promotes individual growth
HMC reserves the right to perform a drug screening and background check, as may be required, and this offer may be contingent on passing a drug screening and background check.
This position is salaried. No recruiters. No phone calls, please.
Harder builds sophisticated, modern mechanical solutions that tackle the industry’s most complex construction challenges. For over eighty years, Harder Mechanical has continuously refined its processes, creating safe environments from which our skilled staff can focus on the quality craftsmanship we demand. For each industry we serve, Harder stands as the leading service provider in the region and as the needs of industry evolve, we apply our expertise to each new challenge.
Harder Mechanical Contractors are equal opportunity employers. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, race, color, creed, marital status, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to employment, advancement, assignment, and training. This commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity is made equally as a social responsibility and as an economic and business necessity.
Harder is a drug-free workplace. Employment is contingent upon successfully passing a pre-employment drug and alcohol test, complying with the requirements of the Immigration Reform and Control Act and a Confidentiality Agreement, in addition to successful outcomes of background and reference checks.
Applicants for this role will only be considered if they possess current US Work Authorization, and do not require employer-sponsored VISA support to begin or remain in this role.
Powered by JazzHR