Job title: Entry Level Civil Aviation Engineer – Mead & Hunt
Location: Rapid City, SD
Entry Level Civil Aviation Engineer – Mead & Hunt Job Details:
Entry Level Civil Aviation Engineer – Mead & Hunt
Rapid City, SD
Position: Entry Level Civil Aviation Engineer
Location: Rapid City, South Dakota
Mead & Hunt, Inc., a prestigious nationwide professional services consulting firm, is seeking an Entry Level Civil Aviation Engineer to join their team! At Mead & Hunt, employees are empowered to drive their own career growth, and fostering strong relationships forms the basis of all we do. Whether you’re an intern or a company leader, everyone plays a vital role, and we work to support each other.
As a Civil Aviation Engineer at Mead & Hunt, you’ll be responsible for:
- Developing plans and specifications
- Analyzing and preparing engineering reports, and construction cost estimates for various airport design projects
- Performing drafting tasks in AutoCAD and Civil3D to generate plan sheets
- Assisting with construction administration tasks including:
- Working in the field at project sites (weekends and nights, as needed)
- Reading and interpreting FAA Advisory Circulars, geotechnical reports, and survey data to utilize in project designs.
A valid driver’s license and some travel will be required.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- A Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) in Civil or Construction Engineering from an accredited four-year college (or be able to obtain the degree within nine months of hire date).
- AutoCAD and/or Civil3D software programs experience
- Civil/transportation design coursework
- Ability and willingness to pass an FAA background check
- Experience in construction field tasks including site grading, utilities, drainage, erosion control, paving, materials testing, and/or surveying (preferred)
- Microsoft Excel, Word, and Project software program experience
Our people truly make this a great company, so if you’re ready to join the team, have strong communication and organizational skills, are self-motivated, and can work well both independently and as part of a team, we’d love to talk to you!
Mead & Hunt will not sponsor a visa (H-1B, etc.) for this position.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to protected veteran status, disability, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
Apply for the job now!