Job title: Engine Mechanic
Company: BHE GT&S
Location: Fort Plain, NY
Engine Mechanic Job Details:
As an Engine Mechanic you will perform the more complex duties required in the installation, testing, maintenance and repair of compressor station main units, auxiliary and miscellaneous equipment, utilizing machine and various other power tools, equipment, hand tools, and measuring devices.
- ?Assist in erecting and testing internal combustion engines of rotary, turbine and reciprocating type and auxiliary equipment at compressor station.
- Assist in making major and minor repairs to engines and auxiliary equipment.
- May perform duties necessary to fabricate, repair, and maintain various items of equipment, utilizing various machine and power tools and equipment, hand tools, and measuring devices
- Make minor repairs to equipment used in the performance of assigned duties, keeping the equipment and tools in safe and proper working condition
- Prepare records and reports as required.
- May direct other employees in the performance of assigned duties.
- May perform other duties as required in higher or lower classifications.
- Repair engines and auxiliary equipment.
- Repair equipment used in the performance of assigned duties, keeping the equipment and tools in safe and proper working condition.
- Prepare reports and records. Perform duties as required to verify, adjust, replace or install DOT related controls, shutdowns, and relief valves.
- May direct other assigned employees in the performance of duties relative to equipment repairs.
- Subject to hazards, such as proximity of moving parts, exposure to high noise levels, solvents, lubricants and other chemicals.
- Must be proficient in various areas and scopes of responsibility.
- Must be agile; maintenance of equipment requires climbing, crawling, stooping, working in limited space, on scaffolding and high places and in awkward positions.
- Subject to adverse weather and environmental conditions.
- Must be willing to work overtime or call out as needed.
Successful candidates are required to live within commuting distance of 30 Miles – OR – if you do not live within 30 miles must be willing to self-relocate.
Minimum 1 year of natural gas, utilities, or other related industry experience. Applicants with natural gas engine repair/maintenance are highly preferred.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license to operate a company vehicle.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to climb ladders and work from elevated work surfaces.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Testing Required.
Additional Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to analyze problems, collect accurate data and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to operate various equipment (e.g., overhead cranes, manual & hydraulic lifting equipment, oxygen/acetylene cutting and welding equipment, air compressors, pumps, etc.)
- Ability to work independently and as a crew member at various locations.
- Ability to handle requisition and receiving spare parts.
- Ability to maintain spare parts inventory.
- Prior experience in repair and maintenance of related equipment or compressor engines.
- Online skills test
- Written test
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position, with or without an accommodation.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Position descriptions are developed as guides for the employees of BHE GT&S. The management team of BHE GT&S reserves the right to modify job responsibilities and position requirements to meet the corporate business goals and needs.
ABOUT THE TEAM
At BHE GT&S, we celebrate diversity, equity and inclusion. BHE GT&S is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or religious creed, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status (except as required by law), gender (including gender identity and expression), sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, familial or parental status, marital status or any other category protected by applicable local, state or U.S. federal law.
Job Identification 10000418
Job Category Pipeline Operations
Job Schedule Full time
Salary Range $36.95
Business Eastern Gas Transmission and Storage, Inc.
Apply for the job now!