Job Position: Distribution Leader-Supervisor (New Graduate Opportunity) – Night Shift
Location: Etobicoke, ON
Distribution Leader-Supervisor (New Graduate Opportunity) – Night Shift Job Details:
Wonderbrands, is a leading Canadian bakery with 140 years of experience in baking packaged breads. We are the makers of Wonder Bread, Country Harvest, D’Italiano, Gadoua, and Casa Mendosa. We have a network of 12 Bakery Manufacturing facilities across Canada.
Do you have a passion to innovate and a desire to challenge the status quo? We are seeking upcoming and recent graduates who are interested in joining an organization that offers opportunities to work in a fun, stimulating, and dynamic environment as a Distribution Leader-Supervisor.
We want to help you unleash your full potential! Our Wonderbrands Next Gen Talent Program is designed for high-potential young professionals, with an objective of training the next generation of leaders and developing our home-grown talent. We create safe and inclusive spaces that encourage you to be you. The result is an agile workplace, filled with Team Members that have a relentless obsession with continuous improvement and an entrepreneurial spirit.
If you are a recent graduate or plan to graduate this year, the Wonderbrands Next Gen Talent Program could be a great opportunity for you. Come join us on our journey to become the world’s great baker!
What Wonderbrands Offers:
- We believe in Home Grown Talent, accelerated career growth with leadership training; Unleashing Your Potential
- Many of our team members who joined us through similar “new graduate” programs were able to accelerate their career growth and reach high levels in our organization within a few years of joining us
- Competitive Compensation, Health Benefits, & a generous flexible Medical/Health spending account
- Employer matching Pension program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Discount program that covers almost everything under the sun – restaurants, gyms, shopping etc.
Reporting to the Warehouse Manager, the Distribution Leader-Supervisor will provide hands-on leadership within a fast-paced environment and ensure that time sensitive schedules are met safely and on time all food-manufacturing environment.
- Understands and fulfills the duties of a leader of the following programs within the production area: Good Warehousing Practices (GWP’s), all food safety programs, all health & safety programs, all policies, programs or procedures
- Responsible for leading lead hands and ensuring Warehouse schedules are met and deals with problems that may occur
- Co-ordinates manpower to ensure that the tight timelines in the warehouse are met
- Checks to ensure that proper methods and procedures are being used and that quality, safety, environment standards are met
- Leads by example and fosters an environment of mutual respect and teamwork among Team Members
- Assists in all testing of new equipment, methods and or products, as well as trouble shoot processes and equipment inspections
- Assists Warehouse Manager in ensuring KPIs are met daily
- Ensure Product Quality and Product safety is being followed
- Ensure Quality is being maintained in the warehouse
- Responsible for updating of Safety talks and attendance issues
- Ensuring team members are effectively following break rotation schedule
- Provide support to the team in dealing with performance/behavioral concerns with Team Members in the warehouse
- Provide accurate feedback on the performance of team members
- Ensure absences are reported. Review and address attendance concerns
- Complete Shift Report with required information collected (include details on line Team performance).
- Works with Dispatch and Maintenance teams to coordinate required activities
- Post-secondary education required (Operations Management, Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, Engineering, etc.)
- Working in a Warehouse/DC environment is an asset (food/bakery experience is desirable)
- Must be a demonstrated leader who easily interacts with others and is adept at leading and motivating a team to meet demands established by the schedule
- Must have excellent interpersonal, organizational, communication skills, along with simple mathematical abilities
- Ability to manage difficult people and work independently with minimal supervision
- Working knowledge of GMP’s, HACCP & O.H.S.A is required
- Basic computer skills, including Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Passionate and desire to work and learn about the food manufacturing industry and innovation
- Ability to work in a start-up and team-based culture, working as a team to deliver outstanding results
- Positive attitude and a results-oriented mindset
- Bright, driven and clear about your future career goals
- Roll up your sleeves mentality with a whatever it takes mindset to get the job done
- Exceptional problem solving mindset with an ability to tackle difficult problems in a logical way
- Shift time: Sunday to Friday with Tuesday/Saturday off 9:00pm-5:00am
- Vacation coverage may require shifts / hours to change. Flexible to work days, afternoons, nights & weekends if needed
What is the recipe for a great career at Wonderbrands?
Working at Wonderbrands, there is never a dull moment! As a successful company that is continually growing there is always challenging yet rewarding work to be a part of. We have an entrepreneurial spirit which encourages all our team members to use their own creativity and out of the box thinking to come up with solutions and new ideas.
Wonderbrands, now part of the FGF Brands Group of companies, is unlocking an incredible opportunity for growth through a focus on production innovation capabilities, through a leading-edge supply chain practice and investing deeply in communities where we bake. We are heavily focused on embracing an entrepreneurial drive and a highly collaborative start up culture with an emphasis on cross-functional collaboration.
Disclaimer: The above describes the general responsibilities, required knowledge and skills. Please keep in mind that other duties may be added or this description may be amended at any time.
How to Apply?
If you believe you’re a great fit for the role of Distribution Leader-Supervisor (New Graduate Opportunity) – Night Shift Apply Now!
Also, Check out More Distribution Leader-Supervisor (New Graduate Opportunity) – Night Shift Vacancies in Canada.