Job title: Director of Accounting (Practice Manager)
Company: ASAP Accounting & Payroll, Inc.
Expected salary: $80000 – 110000 per year
Location: Durango, CO
Director of Accounting (Practice Manager) Job Details:
Director of Accounting
ASAP Accounting & Payroll started in 1990 as a service to help small businesses to grow and succeed. Now, we have 3 accounting service offerings including trust accounting services for , , as well as a small variety of .
ASAP is not your typical accounting firm. We are an innovative group of strategic thinkers motivated to solve the challenges small businesses face. We know that our clients’ success is our success and we strive to go above and beyond for them.
The mission of this role is to oversee and manage ASAP’s Accounting Services practice; overseeing and managing a virtual workforce to produce services with the highest degree of quality standards and customer service while maintaining the optimum utilization of labor and resources.
Education & Experience
- At least five years of practice management experience including management, workload management, labor allocation.
- At least five years of business accounting experience and thorough understanding of practices, theories, and policies regarding business and finance.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business Administration, or related field preferred.
- CPA or CPA work experience a bonus.
- Advanced technical skills, software implementation experience highly desirable.
- Strong understanding of day-to-day accounting operations and important of transactional integrity, software utilization, and workload management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as interpersonal and conflict resolution and problem solving.
- Ability to work in fast-paced work environment with changing priorities and demands.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Manages the day-to-day operations of the accounting team through direct supervision, leadership, and oversight. Motivates high-performing team and act as mentoring cornerstone, instilling confidence and growth.
- Assigning and auditing the work of other team members, answering questions in timely and thorough manner, providing ongoing guidance in specific accounting task coordination
- Service as a link with organizational leadership and external clients by handling and directing questions and feedback and administering Scope of Services and contracts. Establish relationships with clients to monitor overall satisfaction and engagement.
- Organizational triage and issue solving. Promotes and improve best practices and improve accounting procedures while maintaining system of internal controls.
- Operational management, planning, workflows, systems, and internal controls. Directing and delegating activities so that deliverables are completed on schedule and within quality standards and objectives.
- Establishes goals and objectives and evaluate operational key performance indicators and team metrics. Provides hands on support to leadership team as well as all team members to facilitate service delivery.
- Assist CEO/CFO in monitoring financial health of operations including the pricing of services and contract terms of profitability.
- Recruits, interviews, hires, and oversees training and advancement of all accounting team members.
- Lead Manage & Hold Accountable; all staff will report to you in terms of their roles, responsibilities and measurables (metrics). You will oversee the team while delegating and elevating our Leadership Team in holding them accountable to their role in training and mentoring others. Manage and increase the effectiveness and efficiency of operations through improvements to each function/role as well as coordination and communication between teams and team members.
- Manage Performance Review process and for all team members. Handles discipline and termination of employees in accordance with company policies.
Benefits & Compensations
ASAP offers competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefit package, including medical, 401(k), paid time off (vacation, sick, paid holidays) bonus and more.
The salary range for this position is $80,000 – $110,000/year. Actual compensation offer to candidate may vary from posted information based on work experience, education, and/or skill level.
For more information about our company and benefits offered, please visit
- THIRST FOR KNOWLEDGE
- SOLUTIONS MINDSET
- DETAIL ORIENTED
- STEP UP!
*We’re open to hiring in one of the following states where we currently have remote team members:
Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer. Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position/role. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
Powered by JazzHR
Apply for the job now!