Job Position: Dairy Farmer Job
Location: Smithlea, QLD, 4385, Australia
Employment type: Full Time
Salary: $50,000 – $65,000 Per Year
Dairy Farmer Recruitment Innovations:
Whyalla Beef, a company part of NH Foods Group which is a leader in the global delivery of a wide variety of foods including fresh meats, ham, sausages, processed foods, seafood, dairy products and health foods is currently looking for experienced Dairy Farmers to join their busy team at Smithlea QLD.
The successful candidate will need to undertake and possess:
- Breed and raise cattle for the production of milk and other dairy products
- Monitor and maintain the health and condition of cattle or livestock
- Provide pastures to maintain appropriate nutritional levels
- Moving livestock to optimize feeding opportunities
- Organise and conduct farming operations such as catching, drenching, and milking livestock, sterilizing machines, and collecting grading, and packaging produce
- Oversee general farming activities such as maintaining pens, sheds, and cages, fertilizing, controlling pests and weeds, and growing fodder
- Assist with the organization of the sale, purchase, and transportation of livestock and produce
- Maintain and evaluate records of farming activities, monitoring market activity and planning production accordingly
- Ability to learn and select, train, and supervise staff and contractors
Dairy Farmer Job Skills, and Qualifications
- Have a minimum of 3 years of hands-on experience
- Have a minimum of a Cert III in the relevant field
- Be able to work independently but also as part of a team
- Customer focused and have a can do attitude
Salary range is $50,000 – $65,000pa commensurate with skills and experience
Several Full-time Positions are available
Applications open 16th March 2023 and close 16th April 2023
If you are interested in this role APPLY now. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Agricultural Dairy Technician – GERBER FARMS:
Gerber Farms is seeking applicants for full time Agricultural Technician to work within their Dairy Cattle Farming operation located at Lowood Queensland, 4311.
Applicants must hold the following qualifications and experience.
- Qualifications and experience equivalent to AQF Associate Degree, Advanced Diploma, or Diploma.
- At least 2 years of relevant work experience in intensive Dairy Cattle Farming.
- Knowledge of milk harvesting, hygiene, and food safety practices, eg; milk temperature, control of somatic cell count and bactoscan, segregation, and identification of antibiotic treated cows.
- Understanding and experience with reproductive management of the dairy herd including heat detection, artificial insemination, and pregnancy diagnosis.
- Identification and diagnosis of common illnesses of dairy cattle. Administration of treatments and record keeping. Liaise with the farm manager and consulting veterinarian as necessary.
- Experience in using computerized herd management systems to enter and retrieve the appropriate reports and data.
- Operate heavy machinery to accurately batch and deliver total mixed rations to dairy cattle following a recipe prepared by a nutritionist.
- Broad knowledge and skills relating to fodder crop production management including crop conservation methods such as silage and hay production, identifying diseases, insects and other pests that may cause production losses, and assisting in devising methods of control.
- Collecting data and relevant samples for research and lab analysis, eg: tissue sampling for DNA testing, and fodder sampling to assist ration analysis.
- Demonstrate a passion for Dairy Cattle Farming and the ability to work independently or as a team. Demonstrate the ability to advise on farming techniques and management practices.
Salary of $70,000 plus superannuation to be negotiated with the successful applicant.
Senior Dairy Cattle Stockperson:
Senior Dairy Cattle Stockperson Location: Gladfield, QLD 4370 Tenure: Full-time, permanent Salary: From $54,000 per year (plus superannuation)
Dairy Farmer Job skills and experience:
_ AQF Certificate III in Agriculture / Dairy Production (or higher equivalent)
_ Three (3) years of recent and relevant work experience
On behalf of our client, Global Skilled Employment we are looking for skilled candidates for Senior Dairy Cattle Stockperson that will join the production team of a dairy in Gladfield, QLD.
- Plan all aspects of milk production process including management and coordination of milking shed routines.
- Plan and manage pastures and crops for livestock production and develop livestock feeding plans.
- Operate milking plant and equipment in a safe manner, undertake multiple functions including reading and recording instrument information e.g. milk vat temperatures and cow numbers and matching cow ID to calves to produce a quality milk outcome.
- Operate farm and dairy shed-related vehicles, plant, and equipment.
- Coordinate the response to emergencies for both occupational health and safety emergencies and animal welfare emergencies.
Qualified applicants may apply online.
Dairy farm operator Global Skilled Employment Services:
DAIRY CATTLE FARM OPERATOR Location: Gladfield, QLD 4370 Tenure: Full-time, Permanent Comprehensive salary package from $54,000 pa (plus superannuation)
Required Skills and Experience:
- At least an AQF certificate II or III in Agriculture (or equivalent)
- At least one (1) year of recent and relevant work experience
Dairy Farmer Job Summary:
On behalf of our client, Global Skilled Employment Services is looking for a skilled and experienced Dairy Cattle Farm Operator who can use their knowledge and skills to perform set procedures such as milking and attending to livestock, haymaking, and fencing, then applies the knowledge and skills to multiple operations involving basic levels of problem solving and decision making and has an appreciation of the overall processes involved in a dairy farm.
This is a full-time position that may involve weekend or public holiday work and some unplanned hours of work where the need arises (paid accordingly).
Duties and responsibilities:
- Operate milking plant and equipment;
- Identify and report equipment not operating normally;
- Work co-operatively as part of a team;
- Read and record instrument information i.e. Milk vat temperatures and cow numbers; and
- Understands the principles of safe working;
- Undertake multiple functions, and produce a quality outcome e.g. Farm machinery;
- Maintain machinery, undertake adjustments and size changes;
- Solve problems and make decisions within given guidelines;
- Know general scientific terminology and assist with processes such as machine repair, artificial insemination, fertilizer mix design, etc.;
- Operate standard measuring equipment
- Operate computerized systems using menu options
- Contribute to the team in a specific role, providing input and assisting other team members; and
- Work at times without supervision
Qualified applicants may apply online. and also check out Farm Operator Jobs With Visa Sponsorship in Australia.