Job Position: Construction Risk Manager – Head Office, Morriston, ON
Company: North America Construction
Location: Morriston, ON
Construction Risk Manager – Head Office, Morriston, ON Job Details:
North America Construction (1993) Ltd., – NAC Constructors Ltd. (NAC) is Canada’s leading multi-trade builder and provides true Master Builder services to the civil, municipal and energy biofuel marketplaces. The depth of our resources is evident in the variety of projects we construct. From water filtration to wastewater treatment; dams to ethanol; we build it all…and more! The contagious energy and excitement within NAC creates a variety of rewarding and challenging opportunities for individuals to achieve their goals.
Construction Risk Manager – Head Office, Morriston, ON
NAC is currently seeking a Construction Risk Manager to join our corporate head office legal team in Morriston, ON. The successful detailed individual will manage construction contracts, claims and risk for all NAC projects.
21 Queen St., Morriston, ON (Hwy 6/Hwy 401)
The Contracts & Claims Manager is responsible for providing overall direction, supervision and management of the contracts, claims & risk aspects of the projects, from reviewing and approving contract terms, to strategic direction, and ensuring internal contract documents are accurate and well maintained. The incumbent will work with various teams to identify critical situations, assess risks and provide solutions. Excellent communication, a high attention to detail and strong leadership skills are required.
- Manage fully executed construction contracts for company projects from conception through execution and completion
- Assist in the review and analysis of the Division’s complex Capital Project tenders and contract documents to ensure that the appropriate contracting strategy and contractual clauses are applied to reduce risk and protect the interests of the company
- Manage programs, systems and services regarding the insurance requirements for the organization
- Development of processes and procedures to ensure compliance with contract requirements
- Provide recommendations & advice on how to avoid any additional cost and where not possible how to minimize the costs of legitimate claims
- Identify and mitigate potential contractual, financial and or performance risks
- Interact with senior staff from internal and external stakeholders with respect to contractual matters, issues, claims etc., including Procurement services, Legal Counsels, external claims, consultants and contractors
- Assist the project teams with documenting, evaluating and processing change requests
- Foresee potential claims and how to manage them with strong foresight to reaching a resolution
- Manage and process contractor claims, construction delay and impact claims
- Development and implementation of Change Management procedures
- Develop policies and procedures with respect to internal and external risk assessment and management
- Contract through insurance agencies, and other various external agencies and organizations
- Identify critical situations and suggest solutions
- 5-10 years’ experience in the Construction industry managing claims, contracts & risk
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.A.) in Business, Accounting, Engineering, Economics, or a related study
- Strong awareness of construction and contract change law
- Significant project experience dealing with major change/claims management/dispute resolution issues (knowledge of laws, ordinances, and regulations pertaining to claims)
- Highly developed analytical and problem-solving skills
- A well-defined sense of diplomacy, including solid negotiation, conflict resolution, and people management skills
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with corporate departments and key business partners
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Commitment to ethical business conduct and trusted with sensitive information
- Dynamic highly motivated individual able to interact with construction teams
- Competitive compensation
- Opportunities for career growth, development and advancement, including financial assistance
- Comprehensive benefit plan (dental, vision, health, etc.)
- Employee & Family Assistance Program
- Excellent company matched pension plan
- Registered Retirement Savings Plans
- Additional time off between Christmas and New Year’s Day
- Community involvement opportunities
- Friendly working environment
- Numerous team activities and various company events
NAC is committed to providing equal opportunities for all individuals to achieve their goals. If you feel that you need accommodations during the recruitment and selection process because of illness/disability, please contact Human Resources for further information.
How to Apply?
If you believe you’re a great fit for the role of Construction Risk Manager – Head Office, Morriston, ON Apply Now!
Also, Check out More Construction Risk Manager – Head Office, Morriston, ON Vacancies in Canada.