Job Position: Cleaner – Hannaford State School , Teach Queensland
Company: Queensland Government
Location: Hannaford, QLD
Cleaner – Hannaford State School , Teach Queensland Job Details:
Hannaford State School is seeking a temporary part-time (27.5 hours per fortnight) Cleaner commencing 15 January 2024 until 13 December 2024, unless otherwise determined.
Job details Position status Fixed Term Temporary
Position type Flexible part-time
Occupational group Education & Training
Workplace Location Darling Downs – Maranoa
Job ad reference QLD/DSR528515/23T
Closing date 05-Dec-2023
Job duration Until 13 December 2024 unless otherwise determined
Contact person Jae Macbeth
Contact details 07 4665 9239
Hannaford State School is located approximately 135 kilometres West of Dalby, in the Western Downs Regional Council. The Hannaford community is a small rural community supported by cattle, sheep and grain crops. Our school has been proudly serving the Hannaford community since the first school opened in 1914.
We are a one-class school with a current enrolment of 12 students. Hannaford State School has a full-time teaching Principal who is supported by a dedicated team of staff. Hannaford State School is committed to providing students with a quality education in a supportive and caring environment. Our school motto is “Strive to succeed” and “Make learning a life experience”.
About the Role:
Responsibilities include, but not limited to;
- Removal of graffiti.
- Sweeping and vacuuming.
- Vinyl/timber floor maintenance including buffing, stripping and polishing.
- Other appropriate cleaning duties as directed by the Principal/Business Manager.
- Cleaning windows, pictures, doorknobs, taps, sinks, drinking fountains, lavatory basins, glassware, glass doors and cupboards.
- Cleaning and sanitising toilet facilities and sick bays.
- Cleaning and maintaining equipment.
- Cobweb and mildew control, utilising extendable equipment as necessary.
- Cleaning of concrete, bitumen, asphalt and paved surfaces.
- Disposal of rubbish and litter control including removal of material from drains and gutters between and/or surrounding buildings.
- Dusting including student and office furniture, equipment and fans.
Highly desirable skills and experience;
- Fosters healthy and inclusive workplaces – fosters an inclusive workplace where health, safety and wellbeing is promoted and prioritised.
- Pursues continuous growth – pursues opportunities for growth through agile learning and development of self-awareness.
- Demonstrates sound governance – maintains a high standard of practice through governance and risk management.
- Is able to work as a team and take initiative when completing the role.
Please refer to the attached role description for any mandatory requirements for this position.
How to Apply:
- Please attach a brief resume including contact details for 2 referees (referees should have an understanding of your relevant previous work history); and
- A 1-pg written statement in response to the attached role description.
Applications remain current for 12 months from the closing date and may be considered for appointment to identical or similar vacancies within the Department.
Applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.
When working in regulated employment an employee must have a current Working with Children Clearance (blue card) issued by Blue Card Services.
Salary rate shown is reflective of full-time (1.0 FTE).
The Department of Education is a family inclusive workplace.
We are committed to building inclusive cultures in the Queensland public sector that respect and promote and .
For a full list of the position responsibilities and mandatory requirements, please ensure you download the attached role description and candidate information fact sheet and follow the instructions.
Before applying for this vacancy please ensure you read the documents below.
Information Package for Applicants
How to Apply?
If you believe you’re a great fit for the role of Cleaner – Hannaford State School , Teach Queensland Apply Now!
Also, Check out More Cleaner – Hannaford State School , Teach Queensland Vacancies in Australia.