Job title: CDL Driver – Pipeline Division
Company: Western Industrial Resources Corporation
Location: Apache Junction, AZ
CDL Driver – Pipeline Division Job Details:
Western Industrial Resources Corporation (WIRC) was founded in 1996 in Mesa, Arizona, by Bruce Nave. That year, WIRC began its long-term relationship with one of the largest natural gas companies by providing general contracting and technical construction management services. From this foundation, WIRC grew significantly and in 2001 added one of the largest copper mine operations in the world as a customer.
WIRC is still owned by the Nave family and is successful because of its people. WIRC was built for family, but more importantly has transformed into an even larger one. If you are looking for a place for long term opportunity and investment, then WIRC may be a fit for you.
If you are digging it, mining it, or pumping it, Western Industrial Resources wants to help. We offer construction and maintenance services to gas processing, power generation, mining, and refining companies located the United States. We perform electrical, mechanical, and demolition services along with remodeling, painting, welding, and pipefitting. Other Western Industrial Resources divisions provide pipeline and cooling tower maintenance, contract administration, and construction management services.
CDL Drivers are responsible for transporting a variety of materials, parts, and equipment to each job or project. Once at the project the CDL Driver will assist with Laborer functions.
Duties and responsibilities
- Perform safety checks of brakes, steering column, lights and mirrors prior to each leg of journey to ensure road readiness
- Follow and maintain loading protocols, using chains and binders to secure cargo and re-checking their stability throughout trips
- Inspect trailers before and after loading, paying attention to make adjustments as necessary
- Contribute to company data by honestly recording times of delivery and hours worked
- Adhere to traffic safety regulations at all times, exercise caution in treacherous circumstances and report unsafe vehicle or road conditions to supervisors and highway authorities
- Collecting and loading material to be transported to each job site
- Ensuring that the truck/commercial motor vehicle is inspected and in proper condition to operate (pre-trip an post trip inspections)
- Ensuring that you are operating the truck/commercial motor vehicle in a safe manner
- Adhere to all rules and regulations at all times and wear proper safety equipment while on site
- Meet or exceed company safety standards
- Perform other job responsibilities as assigned by management
- Must possess a valid CDL License
- Must have a valid Medical Certification Card
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Comfortable using GPS equipment
- Ensuring that you are always fit to maneuver the truck
- Compliance with all road and transport rules
- Ability to drive safely, irrespective of the weather or time of day
- Top-notch time management, interpersonal, and administrative skills
- Knowledge of workplace safety requirements and procedures
- A positive attitude, self-motivated, eagerness to learn and a willingness to work hard every day
- An ability to lead by a positive example and a commitment to working as a team
- Attention and commitment to safety and an ability to follow instructions
- Valid Driver s license and clean driving record if assigned to a company vehicle
- Ability to multi-task and attention to detail
- Ability to operate required equipment in a safe and responsible manner
- Must be able to accommodate customer needs by working flexible hours which may include weekends
- Exposure to extreme temperatures, noise, vibrations and a wet and /or humid environment
- Requires walking, sitting, standing, lifting, pushing, pulling, kneeling, grasping, crouching, stooping reaching and repetitive motions to a significant degree
- Exerting up to 75 pounds of force occasionally, and/or a negligible amount of force frequently
Wage Range: $22.00 – $25.00
- Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
Western Industrial Resources Company is an EEO/AA (equal opportunity/affirmative action) institution and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, age, race, color, religion, physical or mental disability, creed, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, or gender expression in the programs or activities which it operates.
Western Industrial Resources Company es una institución EEO/AA (igualdad de oportunidad/acción afirmativa) y no discrimina en base al sexo, edad, raza, color, religión, discapacidad física o mental, credo, origen nacional, estatus veterano, orientación sexual, infomación genética, identidad de género, o expresión de género en los programas o actividades los cuales opera.
The above statements reflect the general details considered necessary to describe the major functions and responsibilities of this job and are not to be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the job, nor shall they in any way limit the right of management to make work assignments or to direct the working force.
Apply for the job now!