Job Position: Casual Registered Nurse
Location: Murdoch, WA
Casual Registered Nurse Job Details:
At GenesisCare we want to hear from people who are as passionate as we are about innovation and working together to drive better life outcomes for patients around the world.
Your life’s best work!
GenesisCare are seeking a passionate and experienced Registered Nurse to join our team at our Oncology Centre based in Fiona Stanley Hospital, Murdoch WA.
With x4 treatment machines, GenesisCare FSH is a one of our largest Oncology Centres where patients have access to radiation oncology as well as all Allied Health services provided by Fiona Stanley.
As a Registered Nurse, you will provide and coordinate best practice radiation oncology nursing services and support the delivery of exceptional patient experience by responding to patient needs as part of a supportive multidisciplinary team.
Currently on offer is a casual opportunity, working various shifts as required.
More specifically, you will:
- Provide excellent patient care, ensuring patient’s physical and psychological needs are met.
- Undertake direct patient care including education, wound management, and drug administration as per Practice Protocol.
- Effectively manage nursing patient load.
- Facilitate effective lines of communication with doctors, patient services, physics, and radiation therapy staff and provide feedback to the doctors and radiation therapy staff as relevant regarding their patients.
- Ensure all patient listed events are documented, communicated, and actioned.
- Monitor and maintain procedures, protocols, practices, and clinical guidelines in line with best practice radiation oncology nursing standards.
- Ensure medication management protocols are followed.
- Establish communication for allied health services using ISBAR communication tool to all allied health services along with supported documented evidence.
- Comply with patient handover procedures as per ISBAR communication tool.
- Demonstrate reliability, motivation & flexibility.
We’re interested in hearing from people who:
- Hold a current AHPRA registration as a Nurse or eligibility for registration.
- Have a minimum 2 years post graduate experience (preferred).
- Preferred Oncology background/knowledge of Radiation therapy and Medical oncology, however not essential. Training will be provided in radiation oncology nursing.
- Show exemplary interpersonal and communication skills, with an ability to demonstrate empathy for patients and their carers.
- Have well-developed analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Show commitment to the application of quality improvement and best practice principles, including the NSQHS.
- Possess a strong commitment to quality patient care.
- Show commitment to continuing Professional Development.
- Have wound care management experience.
Benefits of joining our team:
- Working with a vibrant team aligned with providing the best patient experience possible and outcomes.
- Internal and external training and development opportunities.
- Close knit internal community.
We are 1,300+ highly trained healthcare professionals and support staff in Australia designing innovative treatments and care for people with cancer. Our dedicated teams treat more than 30,000 patients annually.
People centricity is at the heart of what we do whether that person is a patient, a referring doctor, a partner or someone in our team. We aim to build culture of care that is patient focused and performance driven. Our people promise is “do your life’s best work, by always growing, having a profound human impact and making great things happen together.” If you’d like to make a difference, join us at GenesisCare.
GenesisCare is an Equal Opportunity Employer.