Job Position: Cashier Receptionist – Auxiliary/Casual
Company: City of Vancouver
Expected salary: $25.93 – 30.41 per hour
Location: Vancouver, BC
Cashier Receptionist – Auxiliary/Casual Job Details:
Requisition ID: 40440
Located on the traditional, ancestral and unceded lands of the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam), Sḵwx̱wú7mesh (Squamish), and səlilwətaɬ (Tsleil-Waututh) Peoples, Vancouver has a commitment to becoming a City of Reconciliation. Vancouver consistently ranks as one of the world’s most liveable cities and is working towards being the greenest city in the world. Named among Canada’s Top 100 Employers, BC’s Top Employers, and Canada’s Greenest Employers, the City of Vancouver seeks colleagues who can help shape and embody our core commitments to sustainability, decolonization, equity and outstanding quality of life for all residents.
Consider joining our committed team of staff and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
Main Purpose & Function
The Vancouver Park Board is seeking responses from customer focused and energetic Cashier Receptionists to join our auxiliary pool. This role will provide experienced Cashier Receptionists an opportunity to work in the various community centres, ice rinks and indoor and outdoor swimming pools across the City.
If you are interested in joining a dynamic team committed to connecting people to active living as well as making a difference in Vancouver’s diverse communities and neighbourhoods, we encourage you to apply to this opportunity!
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
The Cashier Receptionist is the first point of contact for all patrons and will require an individual with the ability to communicate to all audiences and the ability to troubleshoot and problem solve. This role requires a friendly and courteous individual who shares our passion for promoting an inclusive recreation environment to all patrons. Strong teamwork is a requirement of this position as the Cashier Receptionist is expected to provide support to peers to ensure a safe and fun environment for all of our patrons.
Education and Experience:
- Completion of Grade 11 supplemented by some experience in a capacity dealing with the public and some cashiering experience OR an equivalent combination of training and experience
Knowledge of Skills and Abilities
- Working knowledge of the recreation programs and services provided and of the practices, regulations and procedures applicable to the work
- Working knowledge of modern office practices and procedures
- Some knowledge of cashiering methods and practices
- Ability to receive payments, make change, issue tickets, receipts and reimbursements, balance cash and prepare cash reports and floats
- Ability to operate common office equipment, including a computer terminal and related office application software, such as MS Office software programs – Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Knowledge of recreation software, including POS and Photo ID systems is desired
- Ability to deal with the public in a courteous and effective manner
- Ability to assist and orient other staff
- Ability to maintain minor clerical records, to compile non-complex statistical data and to perform incidental word processing tasks related to the work
Candidates may be required to work various shifts, including mornings, afternoons, evenings and weekends as operationally required.
The City’s COVID-19 vaccination policy is currently suspended and as a result, vaccination against COVID-19 is not required at this time. However, should circumstances change and the City deem it necessary to re-introduce such policy, you may be required to provide proof of vaccination against COVID-19 in order to be eligible to continue performing your duties.
Business Unit/Department: Board of Parks and Recreation
Affiliation: CUPE 15 Parks
Employment Type: Auxiliary/Casual
Position Start Date: April, 2024
Salary Information: Pay Grade GR-012 $25.93 to $30.41 per hour
Application Close: February 18, 2024
At the City of Vancouver, we are committed to recruiting a diverse workforce that represents the community we so proudly serve. Indigenous peoples, people of colour, 2SLGBTQ+ persons including all genders and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Accommodations will be provided upon request during the selection process. .
Before you click Apply now
Once you start your application you can save your work and leave the applications page, however please remember to submit your profile to the specific job requisition before the posting closing date.
In addition to uploading your cover letter and resume, part of the application process may include answering application questions related to the preferred requirements of the role which may take approx. 5-10 minutes. Cover letters should express interest and highlight additional information relevant to the position and resumes should include a summary of skills and experience related to the position.