Job title: Auto Service Technician (Aftermarket)
Company: Sea Electric, LLC
Location: Grimes, IA
Auto Service Technician (Aftermarket) Job Details:
Auto Service Technician (Aftermarket)
Light and Medium Duty Trucks
The Aftermarket Service Technician (AST) plays a vital role in ensuring customer satisfaction by providing efficient and effective diagnosis, repair, and maintenance resolution services for SEA’s commercial electric vehicles. You will work directly with dealers, commercial customers, and partners to resolve vehicle mechanical issues, provide training, and drive continuous improvement. You are experienced in electrical diagnostics, advanced mechanical repairs, etc. for Diesel Engines and Truck repair and will work out of our location and in the field on the customer’s behalf to diagnose service issues quickly and effectively. Additionally, you will partner with other technicians and engineers via phone, telemetry, and onsite support, documenting the results. Our primary contact in the field, you will provide service and ensure vehicles are serviced to uphold the manufacturer’s reputation for reliability and performance. This role supports Commercial customer trucks in the Grimes, IA area. Apply today if you have the skills and qualifications and are interested in working with a great team, offering career opportunities and competitive pay!
- Hands-on service/diagnostics?for difficult repair cases onsite at vehicle location.
- Lead internal and external technicians through the diagnosis of service issues.
- Utilize telematics and diagnose issues remotely as needed.
- Provide over-the-phone/email support for remote diagnosis assistance. Through tech hotline for dealers and partners.
- Inform the telematics team to continue improvement for better/easier remote diagnosis.
- Assist engineering team with root cause analysis of issues and recurring.
- Help drive continuous vehicle improvement.
- Assist with the warranty process and determining warranty approval using telemetry/onsite verification to verify claims when submitted.
- Maintain detailed documentation for repairs and assigned tasks.
- Monitor/report dealers’ and partners’ service readiness health KPIs and support them if issues are found.
- Diagnostics program – help drive continuous improvement in the program.
- Work remotely with no direct supervision
- Other duties as needed to support company objectives.
Required Skills and Experience:
- 3+ Years of hands-on Diesel Automotive experience preferred with a 4-year degree in Engineering or Automotive Technology.
- 5+ Years’ experience in diagnostics/related fields with a 2-year degree in Automotive Technology.
- Technology savvy and able to use diagnostics software and tools.
- Experience working with High Voltage electricity vehicles preferred.
- Skilled at documentation using MS Office software, CRM, and database tools.
- Strong planning, organizational, communication, and writing skills.
- Demonstrated experience working independently in the field and delivering on projects and customer experience.
- Capable of physical demands including working in tight spaces and ability to occasionally lift 50 lbs.
- Strong communicator with stakeholders and internal advocate for customers.
- Clean driving record and insurable a must.
- Able to travel regionally and domestically >40% of the time.
- Strong interest in renewables.
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Disability insurance
- Paid Time off
- 401 (k) plan with a match
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: Grimes, IA
SEA Electric is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, genetic information, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law.
About SEA Electric
To find out more, or to join the SEA Social Media network; connect with us on social media or on the web at www.sea-electric.com.
Apply for the job now!