Job title: Asphalt Screed Operator (Req #: 1438)
Company: The Middlesex Corporation
Location: Orlando, FL
Asphalt Screed Operator (Req #: 1438) Job Details:
Location: Orlando, FL
Date Posted: 06/01/2023
Salary Interval: Hourly
SAFELY Building America’s Infrastructure Since 1972
Robert W. Pereira founded The Middlesex Corporation (TMC) in 1972. Through his vision, drive and commitment to Safety, Quality and Excellence, the organization, now encompassing various companies throughout the United States is a leader in the heavy civil construction and paving industries. This year, The Middlesex Corporation was ranked by ENR as the 222nd largest contractor in the country out of more than 35,000 construction companies and 50th of the Top 50 Domestic Heavy Civil Contractors. The Middlesex Corporation is headquartered in Littleton, Massachusetts with regional offices in West Haven, Connecticut and Orlando, Florida.
The sustained success is a result of the Leadership and Team Members living the core values of Safety first in everything we do, Quality in all we offer, Integrity in the way we act and do business, Professionalism in how we represent ourselves and the company, Strong Work Ethic that produces positive results, and Commitment to the Success of all Team Members and Stakeholders.
Our Goal is to sustain our exemplary Safety record while growing into a diversified “Top 100 ENR Company” and being recognized as “One of the Best Places to Work.”
Please see HR for information on physical demands and work environment of this job.
Team Member Competitive Benefits:
- 401k Savings Plan with 25% Company Match
- Health/Vision/Dental Insurance
- Life/Disability Insurance
- Paid Vacation/Holidays
- Voluntary Benefits
- Health Care Advocate
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Team Member Referral Program
Please complete the employment application for consideration of employment with The Middlesex Corporation.
We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, color, age, sex, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, or other legally protected status.
The main function of the Screed Operator is to ensure the safe, and proper operation of the Screed including, but not limited to, daily maintenance and control of automated screed.
- Comply with (and actively promote) all Safety policies and procedures including reporting all accidents, incidents and near misses to ensure adherence to our Number One Core Value – Safety, first in everything we do.
- Operators will control material taken from paver and depths of material distributed through the machine and measurement of yield on the jobs.
- Ensure a safe work environment in compliance with all Middlesex Safety Policies and Procedures.
- Must be on site at scheduled start time and present for the Daily Huddle.
- Must be able to identify potential Hazards and assist in maintaining a Safe Work environment for all Team Members.
- Be present for Weekly Toolbox Talks.
- Maintain good health status w/ability to lift a minimum of 50lbs. and flexibility to bend, push, pull, stoop and/or twist.
- Maintain a flexible work schedule to include day/night shift work with extended hours when necessary.
- Able to read and understand Specifications for each project.
- Complete an Equipment Condition Report Daily.
- Inform your supervisor immediately of any challenges regarding the project.
- The operator is responsible for the efficient working condition of the equipment and is expected to perform minor servicing maintenance.
- Responsible for proper set up and control of automated screed controls.
- Minimum of 2 years screed operation experience.
- Safety and quality orientated.
- Strong work ethic.
- Excellent communications skills.
- Organized; ability to multi-task; detail-oriented.
- Team player with good interpersonal skills.
The Middlesex Corporation is an “Equal Opportunity Employer—Minorities, Females, Veterans and Disabled Persons”
Apply for the job now!