Job title: Agricultural Tech II Research
Company: Kansas State University
Expected salary: $16.43 – 21.38 per hour
Location: Hays, KS
Agricultural Tech II Research Job Details:
About This Role:
This position is supervised by a Soil Scientist and provides essential support for the soil scientist project engaged in field and laboratory research. The scientist supported by this position directs a research program that is among the core disciplines required to carry out the unit mission of developing new knowledge and technology to stabilize and sustain long-term production of food and fiber in a manner consistent with conservation of natural resources, protection of the environment and assurance of food safety.
Why Join Us:
Kansas State University offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, retirement plans, paid time off – vacation, sick, and holidays. To see what benefits are available, please visit:
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity and inclusion. The university actively seeks individuals who foster a collegial environment and cooperative interactions with coworkers, students, and others. The University is dedicated to promoting the
This position is required to be performed on-site. Work is performed on employer premises or designated assignment location.
Visit this for K-State’s guidance and policies on remote work and flexible work arrangements. Remote work agreements are required for all flexible work arrangements and are subject to review.
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
- High school diploma
- Two years of experience in applied agriculture
- Bachelor’s degree in agriculture or related field
- Ability to communicate in English, both orally and in writing; in order to interpret precise instructions, procedures, technical plans and designs.
- Ability to drive large and small farm equipment safely and skillfully.
- Ability to recognize plant diseases and signs of infestation.
- Knowledge of the hazard and effects of pesticides (herbicides, insecticides, fungicides, etc.) and the ability to read and interpret label and MSDS instructions regarding safe and proper use of agricultural chemicals.
- Knowledge of hazards and safety precautions pertaining to repair, maintenance and operations of agricultural equipment, vehicles, and power tools.
- Knowledge of methods, practices, techniques, and tools used in planting, managing and harvesting forage and grain crops.
- Ability to setup, calibrate and operate precision agricultural equipment.
- Knowledge and proficiency in the use of computers including the use of Microsoft Office, Word and Excel.
- Valid drivers license
- Certified or capable and willing to be certified to apply restricted-use pesticides to crops.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment.
How to Apply:
Please submit the following documents: * Resume
- Cover letter
- Three letters of recommendations
Screening of Applications Begins:
For best consideration, apply by 10/10/2023.
Anticipated Hiring Pay Range:
$16.43 to $21.38 per hour
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
Advertised: Aug 23, 2023 Central Daylight Time
Apply for the job now!