Job title: Agricultural Specialist
Company: American Forest Management, Inc.
Location: Sumter, SC
Agricultural Specialist Job Details:
Agricultural Specialist – Sumter, SC
American Forest Management, Inc. (AFM) is the largest forest consulting firm in the United States. AFM currently manages over 6 million acres of privately owned timberland and has sold over $4.9 billion in real estate transactions under AFM Real Estate, a subsidiary of AFM. With 300+ employees operating from 51 offices located in 18 states, Panama and Costa Rica, AFM’s team of professionals is focused on meeting client needs by providing a complete range of forestry services. Our small regionally dispersed offices allow us to provide individualized services, and our large overall size allows us to coordinate teams of foresters and technical specialists for large, complex jobs.
AFM’s team of professionals is focused on meeting client needs by providing a complete range of forestry services including land and wildlife management, land sale and acquisition services, forest inventory and design, growth and yield modeling, cash flow projections, environmental services, appraisal, forest resource data management and harvest scheduling.
American Forest Management Ag Services, a subsidiary of AFM and operates in the Southeast and Delta regions of the United States assisting clients with farmland management services. AFM Ag currently manages 18,000 acres in the regions with a focus on investment grade row crop activities. Farm leasing, capital improvement projects, acquisitions, government services, and precision agriculture are the primary service lines offered. AFM Ag is looking to hire a part time employee for the responsibilities listed below.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Biweekly field visits to SC managed farms to ensure operations are in order and no issues are present.
- Work with contractors conducting on-farm repairs.
- Work with FSM to conduct CRP field visits in various SC counties.
- Conduct all precision ag soil sampling on clients’ properties throughout SC. AFM will provide all equipment for this service.
- Assist FSM in acquisitions and modeling for clients interested in purchasing farmland in the Southeast.
- This position has the potential to result in fulltime employment subject to workload and new client recruitment.
- Highlights: Work/Life Balance, positive work culture
- Work hours: Part Time, about 20-30 hours a week
- Compensation: Hourly position commensurate with qualifications and experience
- Benefits: 401K, eligible for annual bonus plan, wellness program, and vehicle reimbursement
- Location: Sumter, SC
The ideal Agricultural Specialist will:
- Have experience in agriculture.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or national origin.
Powered by JazzHR
Apply for the job now!