Job title: Accounting Receivables Representative
Company: Magnolia Companies
Location: Laurel, MD
Accounting Receivables Representative Job Details:
For 70 years now, the Magnolia family of companies has been serving the residents and businesses of the Washington and Baltimore Metropolitan areas. Today the Magnolia Companies consist of Joseph J. Magnolia, Inc. and Magnolia Plumbing, Inc. and operate out of multiple locations, dispatching approximately 200 service and construction vehicles throughout the Washington and Baltimore Region.
Magnolia Plumbing, Inc. is looking for a Full time or Part time Collections professional SKILLED IN COLLECTIONS IN THE SERVICE INDUSTRY to join our Accounting Team. Position will be required to report in to the office -either Laurel MD OR our NE DC Location. The Collections Representative will identify delinquent accounts, locate and notify customers of delinquent status, initiate appropriate action to recover balances, and maintain all related records. Will train the right person for the position!
- Monitors the status of delinquent accounts.
- Initiates collection actions by calling account holders and cosigners of delinquent status.
- Records payments made to the customer s account.
- Research disputed balances; where appropriate, corrects errors such as misapplied payments, reversed late charges, direct deposit errors, or overpayments from insurance.
- Identifies accounts requiring additional, personal contact for referral to third-party collector.
- Records management of customer files and delinquent account reports.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills with great attention to detail.
- Ability to keep information confidential.
- Ability to exercise integrity and discretion.
- Ability to remain professional in tense situations.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma/Equivalent required
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds at times.
- Competitive salary (starting rate $22) & paid time off
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Life and Disability Insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Employee Referral Program
Apply for the job now!