Job title: 3rd Shift Service Desk Representative
Company: Koniag Government Services
Location: Vienna, VA
3rd Shift Service Desk Representative Job Details:
Kadiak LLC, a Koniag Government Services company, is seeking an experienced Service Desk Representative with a Top-Secret Clearance to support Kadiak and our government customer in Vienna, Virginia.
3rd shift 10:00pm to 6:30am, Monday to Friday
We offer competitive compensation and an extraordinary benefits package including health, dental and vision insurance, 401K with company matching, flexible spending accounts, paid holidays, three weeks paid time off, and more.
The service desk representative is responsible for performing daily operations of the service desk as a part of the service desk team.
- Providing answers to general IT-related questions.
- Managing the customer’s ticketing queue.
- Tier 1-2 troubleshooting.
- Solving issues such as password resets, RSA tokens, or PKI certifications.
- Notifying users of service disruptions.
- Implementing technical refresh of user equipment, to include workstations, monitors, switch boxes and card readers.
- Provide information to customer logistics for (all equipment which requires inventory transactions when moved or decommissioned
- Maintaining accurate records for shelf stock and notifying the government when inventory reaches reorder points.
- Imaging workstations to the latest operating systems.
- Installing COTS software.
- Installing virus updates on stand-alone systems.
- Supporting hourly monitoring checks and escalating issues to the appropriate solver team.
- Receiving and troubleshooting calls from international and remote users for issue resolution.
- Escalating issues to the customer that require more advanced technical knowledge.
- Troubleshooting hardware issues on workstations, printers and other peripherals to include assessing system health, replacing components and submitting warranty claims with the vendor.
Work Experience, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Shall have four years of relevant experience in web software development.
- Shall be able to demonstrate working in a 24/7 operational environment and working on call rotation.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
Working Environment & Conditions
This job operates in a professional office environment and has a noise level of mostly low to moderate. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. This position is primarily indoors, consistent with a standard office position and has a noise level of mostly low to moderate. The incumbent is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The workload may require the incumbent to sit for extended periods of time. The incumbent must be able to read, do simple math calculations and withstand moderate amounts of stress. The incumbent must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Our Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The company is an equal opportunity employer. The company shall not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, or gender identity (except where gender is a bona fide occupational qualification), national origin, age, disability, military/veteran status, marital status, genetic information, or any other factor protected by law. We are committed to equal employment opportunity in all decisions related to employment, promotion, wages, benefits and all other privileges, terms, and conditions of employment.
The company is dedicated to seeking all qualified applicants. If you require an accommodation to navigate or to apply to a position on our website, please contact Heaven Wood via e-mail at email@example.com or by calling 703-488-9377 to request accommodations.
Koniag Government Services (KGS) is an Alaska Native Owned corporation supporting the values and traditions of our native communities through an agile employee and corporate culture that delivers Enterprise Solutions, Professional Services and Operational Management to Federal Government Agencies. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Koniag, we apply our proven commercial solutions to a deep knowledge of Defense and Civilian missions to provide forward leaning technical, professional, and operational solutions. KGS enables successful mission outcomes for our customers through solution-oriented business partnerships and a commitment to exceptional service delivery. We ensure long-term success with a continuous improvement approach while balancing the collective interests of our customers, employees, and native communities. For more information, please visit www.koniag-gs.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled. Shareholder Preference in accordance with Public Law 88-352
Apply for the job now!