Job title: 3rd shift Laboratory Supervisor
Company: Sustainable Talent Limited Liability Company
Expected salary: $70000 per year
Location: Philadelphia, PA
3rd shift Laboratory Supervisor Job Details:
Sustainable Talent is teaming up with a global leader in the clinical diagnostics, environmental, food, pharmaceuticals and cosmetics testing as well as in agro-sciences CRO (Contract Research Organization) services to grow their team.
We are looking for a Direct Hire Laboratory Supervisor to support our client’s lab in Philadelphia, PA for the 3rd shift position, Monday – Friday. Compensation is based on several factors, including location, and may vary based on business related factors such as experience, and education. The base salary for this position ranges from 70k to 90k+.
Laboratory Supervisor responsibilities include:
- Manages the day-to-day operation of the laboratory to insure smooth flow of samples and testing.
- Hires, coaches, reviews, manages, and terminates assigned staff.
- Oversees the scheduling of laboratory staff to ensure production schedules are met.
- Counsels’ laboratory staff with regard to problems encountered in daily operations.
- Oversees the checking and transfer of data as necessary and takes steps to correct possibly inaccurate data prior to continued processing or release.
- Oversees the orientation of new laboratory staff to their responsibilities and the function of the laboratory.
- Conduct timely investigations in coordination with Quality Assurance related to site quality events, including, but not limited to customer complaints, inquiries, non-conformances, corrective actions, and audit findings.
- Identifies process improvements to better meet client expectations and company objectives.
- Recommends new equipment for the laboratory.
- Compiles statistics.
- Oversees the monitoring of inventory/ordering by establishing and maintaining par levels and re-stocking points for general laboratory supplies and reagents.
- Serves as a liaison for the laboratory to outside vendors.
- Assists in the development of a budget and monitors laboratory expenditures.
- Performs duties in compliance with all applicable regulatory and accrediting agencies and cGMP expectations, including but not limited to: Facility and equipment maintenance, validation review and approval, training (internal, continuing education, proficiency testing, annual GMP, etc.)
Laboratory Supervisor Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s of Science degree required.
- Medical Technologist certification required.
- 3+ years of lab supervisor experience.
- 7+ years of professional laboratory testing experience.
- Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship.
- Excellent full-time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, dental, and vision options.
- Life and disability insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid vacation and holidays
Sustainable Talent is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
Apply for the job now!